Medi Montaseri wrote:
> Caller can also buy some content management software like Interwoven's
> TeamSite
> product that provides a virtual workarea, for about $300,000.

It's so easy and effective to run mod_perl on developers' personal
machines, I think there's no excuse not to do it.

At eToys we also set up a special server for HTML template coders to
work on.  It had a virtual host for each coder, and each of them used
their own docroot which they synched with a shared CVS repository using
WinCVS.  They accessed files over a Samba share, so it was seamless for
them.

This was pretty effective, and provided almost exactly the same thing
that Interwoven sells.  Interwoven does add some workflow tools, but
most people I've talked to don't seem to use them.  Maybe if they did
get used that would provide more value.

- Perrin