On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Rafiq Ismail (ADMIN) wrote:

> Mysql:    +we all start with it.
>         +Bench marks much faster.
>         +/-Can allow nested queries (subselects again) though this is a
>          relatively new feature.

Eh?  Subselects aren't scheduled for implementation until 4.1.  The
current version is 4.0.2.

>         +People say it's less relational.  Isn't really - but has fewer
>          features (see above)

I'm not sure what "less relational" means.

>         -less reliable under heavy load.

I'm not sure where you get that from either.  MySQL is used under some
very heavy loads (read the MySQL users list).

Wow, this thread is really bringing out the fiction!

www.urth.org
we await the New Sun