The Wizkid wrote:
> Wayne Pascoe wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm trying to build mod_perl 1.26 and Apache 1.3.24 on Solaris 8. I
>> have Perl 5.6.1 on the machine. I am building mod_perl as follows:
>>
>> perl Makefile.PL EVERYTHING=1 \
>> APACHE_SRC=../apache_1.3.24/src USE_APACI=1 \
>> PREP_HTTPD=1 DO_HTTPD=1
>>
>> make
>> make install
>>
>> I then change into the apache_1.3.24 directory and do
>>
>> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache \
>> --enable-module=all --enable-shared=max \
>> --activate-module=src/modules/perl/libperl.a --enable-module=perl
>> --disable-shared=perl
>>
>> make
>> make install
>>
>> This all goes well, and I end up with an Apache installation in
>> /usr/local/apache. However, I cannot start this. Doing a httpd -t
>> gives me the following error:
>>  [7:13pm]# bin/httpd -t
>> Syntax error on line 231 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
>> Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_auth_db.so into server:
>> ld.so.1: bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file
>> /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_auth_db.so: symbol db_open: referenced
>> symbol not found
>>
>> If I comment out the mod_auth_db lines in my config and try again I
>> get :
>>  [7:14pm]# ../bin/httpd -t
>> Syntax error on line 233 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
>> Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/libproxy.so into server:
>> ld.so.1: ../bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file
>> /usr/local/apache/libexec/libproxy.so: symbol __floatdisf: referenced
>> symbol not found
>>
>> When I comment this one out, the server starts. But I need mod_proxy
>> for this site :(
>>
>> This only seems to happen on Solaris. I've tested on FreeBSD 4.3,
>> FreeBSD 4.5 and Debian GNU/Linux (Woody) and not been able to
>> replicate this error. However doing the above steps on another Solaris
>> 8 box seems to have the same problems.
>>
>> Any advice on this would be much appreciated.
>>
>> Regards,
>>

> This one is easy.  Include the ssl library with

Opps, I forgot some stuff
Use this on the make command

  LIBS=" -L/opt/local/lib  -lssl -lcrypto " \
    INCLUDES=" -I/opt/local/include " \
    make

string I'm using is:

env  SSL_BASE="/opt/local" \
    CFLAGS="-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64" \
    LIBS=" -L/opt/local/lib  -lssl -lcrypto " \
    INCLUDES=" -I/opt/local/include " \
    OPTIM="-O2" make

You need this if Perl and Apache is compiled with the bigfiles option.