Dave Hodgkinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Ged Haywood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Something very wrong there.  Do you have squeaky clean source trees?
> > I'd be tempted to erase the lot and start again.  What's the compiler?
> > Post your httpd.conf?  Have you built other (older) versions of Apache
> > and mod_perl on the same OS?
>
> httpd -l
>
> should verify what modules really are linked in.

  [8:37am]# httpd -l
Compiled-in modules:
  http_core.c
  mod_so.c
  mod_perl.c
suexec: disabled; invalid wrapper /usr/local/apache/bin/suexec

So it looks like mod_perl is definitely built in. If I have any of
mod_negotiation, mod_proxy or mod_db_auth in my LoadModule list, a
httpd -t or an attempt to start apache produces something like the
following :

Syntax error on line 16 of /usr/local/apache/conf/modules.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_negotiation.so into server: ld.so.1:
../bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_negotiation.so: symbol __floatdisf: referenced symbol
not found

--
- Wayne Pascoe
                                 | Why did I flip? I got tired of coming up
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   | with last minute desparate solutions to
http://www.molemanarmy.com       | impossible problems created by other fucking