"Thomas K. Burkholder" wrote:

> run them in two different environments - I don't think running them on
> two different virtual servers is going to do it, right?  Doesn't apache
> just start one perl "runtime"?  Please tell me if I'm mistaken about

there is only one interpreter, so running a module with the same name
on two different virtual servers is not going to work.

> So, I guess I'm wondering if there's an easy way to have two completely
> separate apache configurations running on the same machine (listening on
> different ports obviously).

sure. just leave the regular config file, then build something like:
httpd_dev.conf

change both the Listen and Port directives to an alternate port, and then
start with:
httpd -c httpd_dev.conf

i haven't tried this exact scenario myself, but it should work without a problem.

--
___cliff [EMAIL PROTECTED]http://www.genwax.com/