> How I built it on Win32, after building and installing httpd-2 to
> C:\Apache2, is
>
> perl Makefile.PL MP_AP_PREFIX=C:\Apache2 MP_GENERATE_XS=1
> nmake
> nmake install
>

> On Win32 there were some problems for me in running the tests via
> 'nmake test'; some Apache2 modules needed to be added to be
> loaded early on in the generated httpd.conf, and the path to
> mime.types got mangled. I'll work on getting a patch for this.
> Even after this fix, 'nmake test' hung after about
> t/apache/post.t, although running it manually as, eg,
>    perl -Mblib t/TEST t/apache/post.t
> worked, in this particular case.
>
> best regards,
> randy
thanks for the tip.

I build apache 2.0.35 with debug
I build modperl2 (1.99_01) with :

perl Makefile.PL MP_AP_PREFIX=g:\Apache2 MP_INST_APACHE2=1
nmake
nmake install

all builds ok
nmake test :
cgihandler ok
compat ok
compat2 ok
conftree  HANGS, then I stop with CTRL-C and there is an "unhandled
exception"
cannot continue the tests

perl -Mblib t/TEST t/apache/conftree.t run manually says ok
others picked randomly say ok (perlrequire.t for instance)

when testing my own modules, I still have the error "attempt to free
unreferenced  scalar at line 17"
[L17] my $base=$s->dir_config('some');
 this correspond to a perl message p923 camel book.

there is no more apache segfault so i cannot give a backtrace (anyway how to
doit with vc6 ?)

in httpd.conf I just have:
perlsetvar some thing
perlrequire startup.pl

and nothing more.

in startup.pl:
use Apache2;
use Apache::ServerUtil();
use Mymodule;

and it is Mymodule line 17 which causes the error message

best regards
pascal