On Sat, 13 Apr 2002, pascal barbedor wrote:

> > Does the following, or some variation, work?
[ .. ]
> > sub handler {
> >     my $r = shift;
> >     my $key = $r->dir_config->get('TEST');
> >     $r->content_type('text/plain');
> >     $r->print($key);
> >     Apache::OK;
> > }
>
> yes it works perfectly well.
>
> but you are accessing dir_config through a request object and
> in my example I am accessing it through the server object in
> a "use module" in startup.pl

I just wanted to verify that accessing it this way worked ... On
my XP machine (ActivePerl 631, based on perl-5.6.1) and with
httpd-2/modperl-2 from cvs I too find that accessing dir_config
values from a server object doesn't work - it just returns an
empty value. The modperl-2 server object tests run OK, but the
dir_config tests result in a server error when trying to set a
dir_config value from the request object (this occurs after the
tests involving getting a value, but before accessing it from the
server object). I've verified that accessing dir_config thru a
server object gives an APR::Table object, and the table tests
pass; this looks like a more detailed analysis is needed ...

best regards,
randy