On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 01:06:28PM +0200, F. Xavier Noria wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Apr 2002 10:50:53 +0100
> Matthew Byng-Maddick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> : On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 03:16:53AM -0400, Sam Tregar wrote:
> : > SOAP::Lite module to be of excelent quality and the SOAP::Lite community
> : > to be very helpful.
> : Apart from the obvious security bug, you mean? The one where it doesn't
> : actually restrict what remote code can be run at all?
> SOAP::Lite 0.55 was released some days ago, it addresses that issue
> according to
>     http://www.soaplite.com/

I'm aware of this, but I can't stress the importance of reviewing such
security-critical code. And the "excellent quality" of the code that was
mentioned by Sam Tregar in his post.

RPC often is a nightmare security-wise, the SOAP::Lite bug illustrates the
problems perfectly.

MBM

--
Matthew Byng-Maddick         <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>           http://colondot.net/