On Sat, 20 Apr 2002, F. Xavier Noria wrote:

> I am working in my first mod_perl real-life project, I would like to ask
> you for a directory layout for development.
>
> The fact is that developers in my team have Apache under /usr/local in
> Linux machines, but we would prefer to develop as normal users, not as
> www or nobody, though that will be the user in production.
>
> What is the standard way to configure things for that?

I usually just setup an httpd.conf (and apachectl) for the user and
then use mod_proxy to forward requests for the virtualhost to
whatever high port the user is using.

The serverroot is set to be /home/user/apache and the libexec
directory symlinked from /usr/local/apache/libexec (or wherever the
"system apache" is installed).

 - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen, http://ask.netcetera.dk/   !try; do();