Greetings.

[...]
> Apache builds and installs fine, mod_perl2 builds fine but running
> `nmake test` crashes the instance of apache2 created by the
> TEST script.
[...]

I have exactly the same behavior with May 6 snapshots  (Visual Studio 6SP3,
WinNT SP6) - quoting myself from a different thread:

[RE: mod_perl failing on win32 (CVS snapshots)]
[...]
Yup. My 'nmake test' now segfaults at conftree.t, with an access violation
somewhere in perl56.dll

By running restricted test suites, I found out that the culprit appears to
hide somewhere
in compat2.t, i.e the sequence:

  perl -Mblib t\test t/apache/compat2.t t/apache/conftree.t

wedges, whereas:

   perl -Mblib t\test t/apache/cgihandler.t t/apache/compat.t
t/apache/conftree.t
   perl -Mblib t\test t/apache/cgihandler.t t/apache/conftree.t
   perl -Mblib t\test t/apache/compat.t t/apache/conftree.t

are clean.

(But note that for instance: perl -Mblib t\test t/apache/compat2.t
t/apache/post.t
also works. Combinatorial explosion, anyone?)
[...]

My test output is exactly the same as yours down to the memory addresses in
the segfault dialog box.

>From hints in the above mentioned thread, looks like people running XP are
experiencing fewer or different problems in the test suite.

Cheers,
alf