On Fri, 10 May 2002, Stas Bekman wrote:

> Alessandro Forghieri wrote:
>
> >>about combinatorial I think not only compat2 is involved here
> >>in test suites I have ran
>
> > Wow. this is great detective work you have done Pascal.
>
> Actually you didn't have to do the detective work. Apache::Test comes
> with a detective of its own. Just run t/SMOKE and it'll find all the
> combinations that fail.
>
> Though I cannot help you on WinFU :( Hopefully Randy or Doug will hear you.

I haven't been able to come up with much more either ...
Running individual tests as, eg,
    perl -Mblib t/TEST t/apache/post.t
shows most pass (some, like dir_config.t, partially fail, but
the error log, or running in verbose mode, shows why).
However, when running groups of tests, like
    nmake test
or
    perl -Mblib t/TEST t/apache
things hang, or crash, after about the 2nd or 3rd test in
the group. It's hard to see which particular one's at
fault, though, as running the tests randomly:
    perl -Mblib t/TEST t/apache -order=random
still hangs after about the 2nd or 3rd test, whichever one
that happens to be. Running in verbose mode shows that,
when a test hangs, it doesn't even get to the 1st subtest.

I tried running the tests by, rather than using Win32::Process,
having Apache-Test install and start a service, but there was no
difference in the results. As well, this seems to be a problem
particular to the mod_perl tests, as such behaviour doesn't arise
with the httpd-test suite in testing pure httpd-2. However, in
some limited random manual testing, I haven't seen an analogous
problem outside of the Apache-Test framework - does anyone have
such an example?

best regards,
randy