Jean-Michel> * For political reasons and compliance with future european legislation
Jean-Michel>   I cannot use cookies,

What?  The EU is going to make cookies *illegal*?  I highly doubt
this.

Jean-Michel> * For usability reasons encoding session IDs on URIs would be really
Jean-Michel>   bad... users needs to be able to 'hack' the URIs without f***ing their
Jean-Michel>   sessions!

Why is a user "hacking" their URLs?

Jean-Michel> Therefore I have to use HTTP authentication...

Even though the user/password is transmitted *in the clear* on
*every single hit*, because you can't just use a session identifier?
This is so very wrong from a security perspective.