>From: "Jean-Michel Hiver" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Oh but I have that already. I know that I need to password protect
>
> /properties.html
> /content.html
> /move.html
> /foo/properties.html
> /foo/content.html
> /foo/move.html
> etc...
>
> Is it possible to password-protect a class of URIs using regexes? That
> would be another good option.

I thought you meant that you wanted the same location to be
accessed by different people with/without passwords.  You
should be able to put the authentication directives in a
<LocationMatch > container in this case.   Another approach
would be to use mod_rewrite to map the request to a directory
containing a symlink to the script and an appropriate .htaccess file.
This is kind of brute-force but it lets you do anything you want with
a request including proxying to an otherwise unreachable port or
server for certain content. Unfortunately I think the symlink approach
appears as a different script to mod_perl so it will cache a separate
copy in memory.

   Les Mikesell
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]