Michael Schout wrote:

> in other words, if I understand the eToys article correctly, the leaks
> only happen if I nest a try block inside another try block.  I have
> experimented some, and it appears to me that this is in fact the case
> ($count doesnt get cleaned up if there is a nested try).  But as long as
> I dont nest try blocks there doesnt appear to be a leak.

You are correct, you won't get a leak from the code in Matt's example.
 What you will get is an unexpected persistence of the value of the
$count variable.  It will retain its value and not be reset when you
enter the handler sub again.

There are other problems too, like "return" not doing what you would
expect when used inside a try block (it only returns from the try block).

- Perrin