Matt Sergeant wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Fran Fabrizio wrote:
>>Just to confirm, the end result of Matt's slide presentation was that
>>Error.pm was good, and you should use it, but you should not use the
>>try/catch syntax, or at the bare minimum only catch in your outermost
>>handler.  Is that correct?  We were debating this just yesterday in our
>>office.
>
> Actually my recommendation for this year's talk on exceptions is to just
> use eval{}; if ($@) {}. It's a little more typing, but at the end of the
> day closures created by subroutine prototypes are a really bad thing (tm).

I believe he was asking if Error.pm is a good class to use for
exceptions if you don't use the try/catch keywords.  I think it is.  It
provides handy methods for storing attributes of the exception and
getting stack traces, and it's easy to subclass.  You could also use
Dave Rolsky's Exception::Class, which is pretty similar.

- Perrin