On 7/10/02 10:37 AM, "David Wheeler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> claimed:

> I have a couple of strange bugs showing up in Bricolage that have something
> to do with Apache->print timing out (with Win 95 and Mac OS 9 -- yes, these
> folks need to join the new millennium), and have no idea how or under what
> circumstances print times out.

Okay, I've got the output of some tcpdump runs in Bricolage Bugzilla.

  http://bricolage-bugzilla.thepirtgroup.com/showattachment.cgi?attach_id=35

All they demonstrate, however, is that Apache/mod_perl never finishes
sending the page to the browser. One page is 32120 bytes, and the other is
36500 bytes. I really have no clue what could be causing this. Why should
Apache->print ever time out?  I didn't even know that timing out was
something that a print method could do. And why does it only happen for some
browser/platform combinations?

Anyone who has some ideas, or who can suggest other approaches to diagnosing
the problem, will get a great deal of gratitude from me and many Bricolage
users.

Thanks,

David

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                 ICQ: 15726394
http://david.wheeler.net/                      Yahoo!: dew7e
                                               Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]