On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, randy reed wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am setting up a livejournal server and have installed modperl
> on a windows xp machine. Livejournal uses bradfitz bml (better
> markup language) to control its look. On my system however, the
> .bml files do not execute. When I access them I get source
> only. I'm told BML is a standard part of modperl now, but I
> suspect there is not something set up correctly in my
> httpd.conf file to make it execute properly bml.pm. I created a
> minimal httpd.conf file based on the livejournal manual which I
> have attached my httpd file at the end of this message. Can
> anyone help me? Thanks in advance
> Randy
[ ... ]
bml isn't part of a standard mod_perl distribution. From
the sources at http://www.bradfitz.com/bml/, it's apparent one
has to do some configuration to tell Apache what action to take
with bml files. Try getting that working under standard cgi, and
then from there try adapting it to mod_perl, perhaps under
Apache::Registry. However, this may be difficult, as the
bml handler, bmlp.pl, doesn't compile under 'use strict;',
which is generally good practice to use for registry scripts.

--
best regards,
randy kobes