On Tue, 23 Jul 2002, randy reed wrote:

> Hi Randy,
>
> Thanks for your reply. Please excuse my utter newbie status at
> all this. Ok, looking at your message and the documentation for
> mod_perl as well as the LJ documentation here's what I see.
>
> BML is actually setup up as a perl module Apache::BML its
> excuted in a file called modperl.pl In httpd.conf there is a
> PerlRequire c:/livejournal/cgi-bin/modperl.pl but, as you can
> see if you try to get on my site
> (www.thefreemachine.cc/index.bml) it doesn't excute. So whats
> missing that would get httpd to call it when it receives a
> request for a .bml file. Is there something I'm missing here
> (this is running on a windows machine), the code seems fairly
> straightforward
>
> PerlInitHandler +Apache::LiveJournal
> DirectoryIndex index.html index.bml
> });
>
> unless ($LJ::SERVER_TOTALLY_DOWN)
> {
>     Apache->httpd_conf(qq{
> # BML support:
> PerlSetVar BMLDomain lj-$LJ::DOMAIN
> PerlModule Apache::BML
> <Perl>
>   Apache::BML::load_config("lj-$LJ::DOMAIN", "$LJ::HOME/cgi-bin/bmlp.cfg");
> </Perl>
> <Files ~ "\\.bml\$">
>   SetHandler perl-script
>   PerlHandler Apache::BML
> </Files>
> });
> }

I'm not familiar enough with how the bml stuff works to
offer anything specific there to look at. Is there anything
in the error logs that might help? Also, are you sure that
that c:/livejournal/cgi-bin/modperl.pl is successfully loaded,
and in particular that variables like $LJ::DOMAIN and
$LJ::SERVER_TOTALLY_DOWN are reaching Apache->httpd_conf()?
And is the bmlp.cfg file being read? One way to check these
things is to put some print statements in various locations
to let you know that that point is being reached.

--
best regards,
randy kobes