I'm curious to know how people approach application development with
mod_perl in situations where there could be dozens of distinct
screens/interfaces. I'm currently using the HTML::Template system.

Here's a few approaches I thought of:

1. Single monolithic content handler. Could be hard to maintain.
2. Distinct content handlers each with their own Location directive. Could
be a pain to maintain the server config.
3. Take a small performance hit and use an Apache::Registry script for each
screen to handle the content phase. Use 'PerlSetupEnv Off', $r and Apache::
modules and don't bother being backwardly compatible with CGI.

Thanks,
Jonathan