From: Stas Bekman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> What happens if you do:
>    $r->set_handlers('PerlAuthenHandler', 'Some::handler');

  Either of these:
    $r->set_handlers('PerlAuthenHandler', 'Some::handler');
    $r->set_handlers('PerlAuthenHandler', \&Some::handler);

  Yeild:
    "Can't set_handler with that value..."
    Which agrees with the Apache.pm docs.

  This:
    $r->set_handlers('PerlAuthenHandler', ['Some::handler']);
  Yeilds:
    Gives no error, Some::handler() doesn't get run.

> could be that with push_handlers() you have some other handler that
> takes over, before Some::handler has a chance to run.

With either push_handlers() or set_handlers(), get_handlers() says that
'Some::handler' is the only handler in 'PerlAuthenHandler'. So I know the action is
working according to mod_perl. As for something else taking over, there's nothing that
I can find on this sandbox installation. No Auth* in the config, no htaccess files,
and no other Perl*Handler directives in use.

Just on a lark, I tried installing a PerlAuthenHandler in the config, it worked just
fine.

---
Rodney Broom
President, R.Broom Consulting