From: Geoffrey Young <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> you probably don't have a Require directive in your httpd.conf for
> this particular <Location>.

You're right, I don't. In fact, I can't. One of the things the access handler does is
to look up the URI in a database, which happens at run time. (The <Location> directive
would happen at server load time.) I need the access handler to decide wether or not
the requested URI needs authentication.

> Apache will not run the Authen or Authz phases unless there is a
> Require directive, no matter what you put onto the mod_perl handler stack.

I sort of thought this myself, so I tried $r->dir_config->add('require', 'valid-user')
in the access handler. No help.

---
Rodney Broom
President, R.Broom Consulting