At 21:05 01.09.2002, Rodney Broom wrote:
> > Apache will not run the Authen or Authz phases unless there is a
> > Require directive, no matter what you put onto the mod_perl handler stack.
>
>I sort of thought this myself, so I tried $r->dir_config->add('require',
>'valid-user') in the access handler. No help.

dir_config is the Perl{Set,Add}Var configuration, and has nothing to do
with Requires. Requires is set within httpd.conf like:
Require valid-user

You can just add that and let your handler decide regardless of the value
of requires (which is accessed through $r->requires btw, see  the Eagle or
the cookbook).

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]