Ged Haywood wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, Keith G. Murphy wrote:
>

>>do you mean that the problems with the loadable module overall are
>>so well-known that no one in his right mind should ever use it?
>

> It's not as bad as that.  Significant improvements have been made in
> the reliability of mod_perl as DSO and nowadays there is much less
> discussion about it on this list.

Are you sure it's not because 'most everyone has silently given up on it?

> There are still one or two dusty
> corners but in general thesedays I'd say try it.

I had not expected Debian stable to be one of the dusty corners.  But I
did find, upon investigating the bug reports, that there were *very* old
reports about memory leaks, etc., with libapache-mod-perl.

My own bug report is now 47 days old, without apparent followup.

> If it doesn't seem
> to give you problems then stay with it.
>
> If at first you don't succeed, try again.  Then give up.

Actually, that is what I have done already, several months ago.  Seeing
several reports of memory leak problems in the list made me think:
"Hmmm, wonder if someone else has seen this?"