Hi there,

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, Keith G. Murphy wrote:

> > Significant improvements have been made in
> > the reliability of mod_perl as DSO and nowadays there is much less
> > discussion about it on this list.
>
> Are you sure it's not because 'most everyone has silently given up on it?

Yes, I'm sure.  Red Hat comes with Apache prebuilt for DSO I believe.
I have worked on contracts for a number of organizations which use DSO
mod_perl in high volume environments (hundreds of thousands of users).

> > There are still one or two dusty
> > corners but in general thesedays I'd say try it.
>
> I had not expected Debian stable to be one of the dusty corners.

What I meant was that some (perhaps slightly unusual in some way)
configurations seem to give more problems than others.  For example
I think that servers using SSL have perhaps been prone to troubles,
but it could just as easily be that the people who experienced the
problems were not careful to follow what you might say are slightly
more complex than usual build procedures.

73,
Ged.