On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 02:01:33PM -0500, Keith G. Murphy wrote:
> Ged Haywood wrote:
> >Hi there,
> >
> >On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, Keith G. Murphy wrote:
> >

> >>do you mean that the problems with the loadable module overall are
> >>so well-known that no one in his right mind should ever use it?
> >

> >It's not as bad as that.  Significant improvements have been made in
> >the reliability of mod_perl as DSO and nowadays there is much less
> >discussion about it on this list.
>
> Are you sure it's not because 'most everyone has silently given up on it?
>
> >There are still one or two dusty
> >corners but in general thesedays I'd say try it.
>
> I had not expected Debian stable to be one of the dusty corners.  But I
> did find, upon investigating the bug reports, that there were *very* old
> reports about memory leaks, etc., with libapache-mod-perl.
>
> My own bug report is now 47 days old, without apparent followup.

That's because I'm having an attack of real life.  I haven't had time
to look at my Debian bug reports in a month or so now.

I don't know why the DSO is leaking in a case when the static module
isn't, but it should be fixable; I just need to find five or six hours
to sit down with it.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz