darren chamberlain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> * Marcin Kasperski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002-11-08 16:22]:
> > I use Apache::Util::escape_html to perform fast HTML-escaping of the
> > data before displaying it. Unfortunately, this function handles
> > <, >, & and " but does not handle ' (single quote) - which
> > can be escaped as &apos;
>
> Hey, this is an easy one.  Apply the attached patch to
> mod_perl-1.XX/src/modules/perl/Util.xs, and single quotes will be
> turned into &apos;

Your patch seems to me to be partially wrong (you missed similar
addition a few lines above, while calculating the destination
size). Nevertheless, I write here about the problem because I would
really like having such a change in the mainstream modperl
distribution. Keeping my own patched modperl distribution, integrating
changes etc is a bit troublesome (organizationally).