On Tuesday, November 26, 2002, at 12:22  PM, Joe Schaefer wrote:

Ken Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[...]

I've attached the full output.
Thanks, Ken.  I looked over the result, but didn't see any
indication that you used the "./configure -> make -> make install"
instructions from the web page.
D'oh! I just looked at the INSTALL file, despite your admonitions to the contrary. Sorry to overlook it.

I got through "./configure -> make -> make install" successfully, installing to /usr/local/lib/ and /usr/local/include/. However, there doesn't seem to be a "ldconfig" on my system ('locate' couldn't find one anywhere, and I checked manually in /sbin/ and /usr/sbin/).

Did the libtool-based build
of libapreq install successfully before you tried doing the perl
build?
This time around, I installed libapreq and then did 'perl Makefile.PL; make test;' and got a different error. Looks like the server didn't start properly.

I've attached the terminal output, and the httpd.conf in case it's helpful. The t/error_log is unremarkable (just a bunch of stuff like "[warn] module mod_log_config.c is already added, skipping").

-Ken