On Thu, 2002-12-19 at 13:12, Adam Batkin wrote:
> >>When I do an:
> >>rpm -ql perl | grep 'perldoc'
> >>
> >>I only get:
> >>/usr/share/man/man1/perldoc.1.bz2
> >

> > I get....
> >
> > [root@www2 root]# rpm -ql perl | grep 'perldoc'
> > /usr/bin/perldoc
> > /usr/share/man/man1/perldoc.1.gz
> >

> On Mandrake:
> urpmi perl-doc
> Which will install the package named perl-doc-5.8.0-13mdk which will
> provide you with your missing perldoc script.

Thanks for the info.  I was a bit more selective in my package install
on this go around so maybe I missed the perl-doc packages.

> It's not a bad build (or at least not for that reason). For some reason
> a large number of modules are broken out into their own RPM packages
> under Mandrake (and I have definitely observed the same on RedHat)...I
> usually just use CPAN to get my modules and bypass RPM though since CPAN
> is just damn cool.

Well the fact remains for me anyway that I couldn't get Embperl 2.0b9
from CVS, which contains improvements to all for for correct operation
under Perl 5.8. to run properly under the Mandrake 9.0 Perl.  So perhaps
the issue is Embperl specific.  I have posted information to the Embperl
mailing list as well.  See the Embperl mailing list archives for more
information on the issues with 5.8.
http://www.ecos.de/~mailarc/embperl/