Stas Bekman wrote:

I still don't understand you. When do you see the problem? When you run the script under mod_cgi or mod_perl? I don't understand why do you keep referring to mod_cgi.
And we are talking about Apache/mod_perl 2.0 here, right?
No. I am talking about mod_cgi when I say mod_cgi. In short you answered my questions with answers I pretty much expected but I wanted my asumptions valiidated. For that I am grateful.
Long answer:
Let me state why I was looking (ie; the [il]logic to my thinking) to eliminate mod_perl from the list of of possible reasons why a standard CGI would be failing.

* It was a perl CGI.
* It was failing in ways that were similar, although not directly
alike, ways that poorly written perl apps under mod_perl fail. For
example, it would hangup, it would bahave oddly like there were
variables set that should have been cleared (ie; unscoped globals).
* It was a perl CGI. Hence I know that because of the excellent
integration of perl into apache (perl in conf files, etc) as a
result of mod_perl, I was looking to see if anyone here on
mod_perl's list knew of any interactions, etc that could have
spilled over into mod_cgi's handling of perl scripts for instance. * Given that, I noticed PerlRun was no longer prominintly displayed
in the docs and the migration FAQ did not to my knowledge even
touch on it. I was thiking maybe it had become an automatic thing
in mod_cgi for mod_perl enabled httpds to try to speed up perl
CGI's by using an in-process perl interpretor instead of
backticking it. If that was happening I figured someone here would
probably know about it. I posted questions to apache's list but it
has been slow going getting people knowledgable about mod_cgi to
answer. * There was more (il)logic but I think that should be enough to fill
in the holes.

Thanks,
Tom

Terra Novum Research
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.terranovum.com
(617) 923-4132

PO Box 362
Watertown, MA 02471-0362

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat."
-- Einstein