That was it. I redefined Sig{__WARN__} to drop all STDERR output and my script output everything it was supposed to and exited cleanly. Now there is another bug that undoubtedly came from my trying to track down the original issue...
Thanks. That saved me a ton of time.
Tom

Terra Info wrote:

Ugh! I checked the users list archives but I never checked the dev archives. I liked p5p back in the day because it was all one in the same. Chaos, but oddly efficient. Thanks for the pointer.
As for the docs, I freely admit I missed it. I was not looking for PerlRun stuff when I went through that migration piece (I was looking for a different project) so when I started dealing with this I did not remember seeing it, therefore in my warped mind it did not exist. Right now, int/0 looks perfectly fine to me. Anyhow, I doubt listing all of them would help, just add in Apache::PerlRun into the header so it reads "The Apache::Registry and Apache::PerlRun Families" (or ~) and that would get people's attention a little bit better.
Thanks,
Tom

Stas Bekman wrote:

OK, now it's clear, thanks for the explanation. FWIW, there were discussions of possible pipes read/write deadlocks in the current mod_cgi implementation in Apache 2.0, so you may experience just that. Check the httpd-dev list archives.

[...]

* Given that, I noticed PerlRun was no longer prominintly displayed
in the docs

What made you think so? The PerlRun docs weren't touched for ages.

and the migration FAQ did not to my knowledge even touch on it.

Because all you have to do is to s/Apache::/ModPerl::/ for all registry handlers, which includes PerlRun. Do you think that it'll help to explicitly list them all?

Terra Novum Research
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.terranovum.com
(617) 923-4132

PO Box 362
Watertown, MA 02471-0362

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759