Hey Paolo,

Did you try to add some die statements to see if it made any difference, so
something like:

use Image::Magick;
my $image=Image::Magick->new(size=>'75x75');
$image->Read('null:white');
        die &display_error("Read Error Error: Image: null:white $image \n") if
($image);
my @x = $image->QueryFontMetrics
font=>'@/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/ttf/Ritalin.ttf',text=>'X', pointsize=>12);
        die &display_error("ImFont Query Error: @x $image") if ($image);

Works for me, then I just have a sub called "display_error" that prints the
message and error out in a browser, but you could make that anything you
want.

-Chris