Ask Bjoern Hansen wrote:
On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Stas Bekman wrote:

re: rollback, the DBD drivers will perform the normal disconnect(), but
without doing the physical disconnect, and normal DESTROY, without destroying
the datastructures which maintain the physical connection, so there shouldn't
be much to change for this feature.

If the physical connection is still there, would the database server
do a rollback?

If earlier the rollback worked correctly with
$dbh ||= connect();, this will work the same, since it performs the same operation, but rips off only parts of $dbh, because of the constraints of sharing Perl datastructures and underlying C structs.

ps. yes, your DBI::Pool work is great. Thank you. :-)

My pleasure. Thanks for the kind words. It's quite challenging, though you stop getting excited about segfaults and ddd (gdb frontend) is nowadays my best friend ;)