On Fri, 7 Mar 2003, Stas Bekman wrote:

> > If the physical connection is still there, would the database server
> > do a rollback?
>
> If earlier the rollback worked correctly with
> $dbh ||= connect();, this will work the same, since it performs the same
> operation, but rips off only parts of $dbh, because of the constraints of
> sharing Perl datastructures and underlying C structs.

Apache::DBI explicitly calls $dbh->rollback (when things are
configured so it makes sense).  Or maybe I am completely
misunderstanding you.

> > ps. yes, your DBI::Pool work is great.  Thank you.  :-)
>
> My pleasure. Thanks for the kind words. It's quite challenging, though you
> stop getting excited about segfaults and ddd (gdb frontend) is nowadays my
> best friend ;)

:-)  You are quite the masochist if you ever got excited about
segfaults.  I only recall segfaults making me slam my head into the
wall to conceal the pain.

 - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen, http://www.askbjoernhansen.com/ !try; do();