Hi there,

On Thu, 29 May 2003, Kirk Rogers wrote:

> i have a collection of perl modules  ...  i dont want to send it out
> without at least making it somewhat difficult for some hacker to just simply
> steal it and load it somewhere else without my consent.

This is getting to be an old chestnut, I wonder if we should
specifically forbid discussion of it in the email-etiquette doc.?

The best way to do what you want is to code it in C, compile it and
send out only the compiled executables, a bit like that firm up in the
North-West USA.  There are -ahem- Open Source packages to translate
Perl into C and/or bytecode, but then I suppose you wouldn't get much
help from this List with C programs...

It does seem a bit rich to take all the free stuff you can from CPAN
and then try to deny everyone else the fruits of your own labours.

But I suppose it's a free world, at least in parts.

73,
Ged.