Hi!

On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 10:27:54AM -0700, iCap wrote:
> i have a collection of perl modules (running under the mod_perl umbrella)
> and would like to distribute the application to several different sources
> (clients with open internet web servers).  but i dont want to send it out
> without at least making it somewhat difficult for some hacker to just simply
> steal it and load it somewhere else without my consent.  what options do i
> have (if any) to secure the code so that it can't be 'easily' stolen?
> 'easily' being the operative word here, as i realize it wont be 100% safe no
> matter what i do.
> the ideal would be to perhaps encrypt some of the code, maybe a few of the
> base configuration modules, maybe even the startup.pl file, others?

If you want to make it hard to read the code, use an Obfuscator (eg.
Acme::EyeDrops)

If want to really secure your code: it's not possible, see this thread on
perlmonks:
or search in the mailinglist archives. This questions was discussed here a
few times.

--
#!/usr/bin/perl                               http://domm.zsi.at