From: Stas Bekman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 18 June 2003 03:36
To: Greyling, Jaco
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: non-LFS Apache 1.3.27 w/ LFS Perl 5.8.0 (using mod_perl)

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
 > Guys,
 >
 > anyone with experience on the below problem???

why reposting the same question 3 times? Please give people some time to
respond to your questions, you can't expect an immediate reply.

 > Please advice, I would really appreciate the help.

[...]

 > Sorry if this question goes out to the wrong discussion group, but I've
 > been told if anyone could answer this then it'll be someone on this forum
 > :) Ok, here goes...

Sounds like the right place to me.

 > We use Perl 5.6.x and Perl 5.8.0 with LFS. We also use mod_perl 1.27 with
 > LFS and Apache 1.3.27 (with LFS).
 >
 > To make a long story short...we are running into issues with vendors like
 > IBM and Oracle where they don't want to re-compile their code (i.e.
 > mod_ossos) with LFS. So, we need to run a non-LFS build of Apache 1.3.27.
 > The only way (to our knowledge) we can do this is by re-compiling Perl
 > 5.8.0 without LFS, which means that we have to support two versions of Perl
 > / CPAN / etc...not likely in our current situation. Someone just told me
 > that we can use Apache (Non-LFS) with Perl (LFS) using mod_perl
 > (PERL_USELARGEFILES=0, set in Makefile.PL)? This I know Doug MacEachern did
 > not support in earlier versions of mod_perl.
 >
 > BTW. We just-compiled it and it seems to work, HOWEVER I'm concerned about
 > Segmentation Faults (this is common when using LFS modules with a non-LFS
 > Apache build). For some reason we don't get these errors when using
 > mod_perl /LFS with non-LFS Apache. How is this possible?

You have to send a complete problem report as explained here, including a core
dump's back trace:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/help.html#How_to_Report_Problems

 > Here is our mod_perl build script:
 >
 > ... # run the following from the mod_perl source directory
 > $perl_base/bin/perl Makefile.PL \ INSTALLDIRS=perl PREFIX=$prefix \
 > USE_APXS=1 WITH_APXS=$apache_base/bin/apxs \ EVERYTHING=1 ...

Visit our website at http://www.ubs.com

related financial instruments.