Ok -

This comes from the Makefile.PL:

sub uselargefiles_check {
    return unless $] >= 5.006 and $Config{uselargefiles}
      and $PERL_USELARGEFILES and $USE_APXS;
    local $Apache::src::APXS = $WITH_APXS;
    my $cflags = Apache::src->new->apxs('-q' => 'CFLAGS') || '';
    return if $cflags =~ /LARGEFILE/;

    $PERL_USELARGEFILES=0; #just do it since
    return; #nobody seems to listen to the warning below

    phat_warn(<<EOF);
Your Perl is uselargefiles enabled, but Apache is not, suggestions:
    *) Rebuild mod_perl with Makefile.PL PERL_USELARGEFILES=0
    *) Rebuild Apache with CFLAGS="-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64"
    *) Rebuild Perl with Configure -Uuselargefiles
    *) Let mod_perl build Apache (USE_DSO=1 instead of USE_APXS=1)
EOF
}

As you can see it suggests rebuilding mod_perl with $PERL_USELARGEFILES=0 (which we
do) so according to him it will work?

If not then I'll mail Doug and tell him to add a conditional statement :)

Jaco Greyling