Hi Jaco,

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> As you can see it suggests rebuilding mod_perl with
> $PERL_USELARGEFILES=0 (which we do) so according to him it will work?

Well it's in the list of suggestions, I don't think that's quite the
same thing...  I guess the bit about nobody listening to the warning
is at least as relevant. :)

If none of your system is configured to use large file offsets that's
fine.  It's when you choose to link together different parts, some of
which do and some don't that I'd worry.  Structure (mis)alignment can
cause all kinds of subtle problems, some very obvious and some not,
and the more you play with additional modules, interfaces to the Perl
guts etc., the more likely you are to come across them before anyone
else does.  Traditionally the advice is even that you should use the
same compiler to build Perl and mod_perl, for exactly this reason.

I would always want to make sure that my Perl and mod_perl were both
compiled the same way.

73,
Ged.