On Sat, Jul 05, 2003 at 02:28:09PM -0400, Geoffrey Young wrote:

> Martin Wickman wrote:
> >Hello
> >
> >The short version:
> >
> >How can I force my mod_perl Authen-handler to run after mod_auth and
> >not before it?
>
> in Apache 1.3 you could control this with CleanModuleList/AddModule, but
> those directives don't exist in 2.0.  I think the only way to do it in 2.0
> is to change modperl_hooks.c and recompile.
>
> try changing this
>
>     ap_hook_authen(modperl_authen_handler, NULL, NULL, APR_HOOK_FIRST);
>
> to this
>
>     ap_hook_authen(modperl_authen_handler, NULL, NULL, APR_HOOK_LAST);

Thanks!

I guess that may be possible, but somewhat problematic since I like to
stay with the distros apache-version. Btw, I remember seeing something
about APR_HOOK_(LAST|FIRST|...) in the docs on perl.apache.org. Not
implemented yet?

I think a lot of interesting password policies could be implemented if
it was possible to run perl-code before and after existing
authentication modules. Is it feasible to add this to the current
mod_perl as a runtime option?