Steve Hay wrote:
Stas Bekman wrote:

Jarkko has just released perl-5.8.1-RC3. Quite a few things have changed since 5.8.0. So it's *very* important that you test your code with this release and immediatelly report to p5p if you have any problems, since Jarkko wants to release 5.8.1 any moment now.

BAD NEWS: There seems to be a problem with ExtUtils-MakeMaker 6.12 included in perl-5.8.1-RC3.

I successfully built and tested mod_perl 1.28 using RC3 on Windows XP / MS VC++ 6.0, but I just thought that I'd give libapreq-1.2 a quick whirl as well, and found that it doesn't build. I get the following error:

link -out:..\blib\arch\auto\libapreq\libapreq.dll
libapreq.def : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol boot_libapreq

If I downgrade ExtUtils-MakeMaker to 6.03 (the version included in perl-5.8.0) then it it's all OK.

The question is: why is it trying to build "libapreq.dll"? It should only build "Request.dll" and "Cookie.dll", which would probably explain why "boot_libapreq" is undefined.

I'll continue looking into it myself, and can supply more info to anyone that wants it, but I thought I'd better raise the alarm quickly first.

I have a similar problem on linux, Request.so dynamically links libapreq.so, which subsequently can't be found. I'm looking at it.