Steve Hay wrote:
Stas Bekman wrote:

Here is what happens:

MM 6.03 used to create libapreq.a but not libapreq.so, libapreq.a was just a by product and never was intented to be installed. Request.so was statically linking libapreq.a into it.

Now with 6.12 it creates both libapreq.so and libapreq.so, so when Request.so is linked, it links libapreq.so dynamically, and of course it can't resolve it later when loading.

This patch fixes things for me in libapreq and works with MM 6.03 and 6.12. Steve, please confirm that it works for you and I'll commit it.

No, it doesn't fix it :-(

My problem sounds a little different to yours. You talk above about "... when Request.so is linked...", but my build process doesn't get that far.

Under MM 6.03 it used to build libapreq.lib, then Request.dll then Cookie.dll.
Now, under MM 6.12, it builds libapreq.lib, then falls over ("boot_libapreq" unresolved) when trying to build libapreq.dll.

I think the cause is the same. MM 6.12 builds the shared object of libapreq (dll in your case and .so in mine), and it didn't use to do that.

It seems likely that if my build ever got as far as trying to build Request.dll then it would fail without your patch, and your patch would fix that bit, but at the moment I'm not getting that far.

Let me see if I can make it skip building the shared object with 6.12, which will resolve the problem for you as well.