Steve Hay wrote:

Michael G Schwern wrote:

If I could see the Makefiles from 6.03 and 6.12 I might be able to figure out
what's different. Also, if you could try various alpha versions between
those two, show the Makefiles and whether or not they exhibited the
behavior that would help alot in narrowing it down.

I've also tried MM 6.05: that works OK.

Attached are the various Makefiles (the top-level one, plus those from the c, Cookie and Request sub-directories), and a transcript of the "nmake" step, from a build using MM 6.05 (which worked) and another build using MM 6.12 (which failed).

I'll move on to trying out those alpha versions and get back to you on which was the first one that failed.

This bug evidently goes back a long way: MM 6.06_02 fails in the same way as 6.13.

I tried to use MM 6.06_01, but it wouldn't build itself ("don't know how to make 'C:\perl5\libNAME'"). Instead, I knife-and-forked it into place, but when I tried to use it to build libapreq, I just got the same error again - "don't know how to make 'C:\perl5\libNAME'".

So the best I can offer you at this stage is that something between 6.05 and 6.06_02 broke it. (Probably not what you wanted to hear, I guess, looking at the number of changes in 6.06_01.)

Steve