Steve Hay wrote:

This bug evidently goes back a long way: MM 6.06_02 fails in the same way as 6.13.

I tried to use MM 6.06_01, but it wouldn't build itself ("don't know how to make 'C:\perl5\libNAME'"). Instead, I knife-and-forked it into place, but when I tried to use it to build libapreq, I just got the same error again - "don't know how to make 'C:\perl5\libNAME'".

OK, I've got MM 6.06_01 building now (it was generating broken Makefiles -- needed to change DIRFILESEP from \ to ^\, and fill in the missing *PERLSAFE macros), and the bad news is that it doesn't build libapreq-1.2 either! I still get the "unresolved external symbol boot_libapreq" error.

So it's one of the many changes between 6.05 and 6.06_01 that broke it.

Steve