On Fri, 2003-08-01 at 10:31, Tofu Optimist wrote:
> [1] How do I find *everything* on the box related to
> perl / apache / mod_perl, both 1 and 2, both the RH
> install and from my own ftp / tar / make fumblings?

Well, you can run updatedb and then use locate to look for things like
apachectl and Apache.pm.

> [2] How do I uninstall everything from [1], so I can
> start fresh?

There is no simply way to uninstall software that you installed from
source.  There are things you can do though.  First uninstall any apache
or mod_perl rpms.  Then you can clear out all the Apach::* modules from
your perl lib, and delete all the web server stuff (which is typically
installed under a single directory).

> [3] I'd prefer to use modperl 2 and apache 2, as that
> is what my ISP is using.

Okay, then stop reading docs for mod_perl 1.

> And I think I'd prefer to
> use RH rpm to install them, as again, that is what my
> ISP did.

Don't do that.  mod_perl 2 is basically in alpha right now and changes
every day.  If you plan to run it, you must keep on top of development.
The rpms for mod_perl 2 are ancient at this point.

> [4] Is a full uninstall enough, or should I reinstall
> RH itself?

The latter is more complete, but if you don't see any more httpd.conf
files or Apache:: modules, you have probably cleaned things close
enough.

- Perrin