Good afternoon,

On 27/8/03 at 9:37 AM -0400, Michael <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>The reason this question is mod_perl related is that he is doing the
>>initial authentication using mod_perl, and is creating a cookie based
>>ticket.  But he wants that ticket to also be accepted by a
>>non-mod_perl enabled server (ie a front end proxy).
>
>So the database connection has to persist from the mod_perl
>authentication scheme to the backend software?  Interesting...  Does
>that work?

This isn't really an issue with database connections. It's just the
authentication data/method that needs to persist for both. And that is handled
by a cookie/ticket authentication.

Thanks to Cees Hek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> for helping me find a module I had
lost track of. The module is mod_auth_tkt and can be found here:

http://www.openfusion.com.au/labs/mod_auth_tkt/

I'm on my way to having an elegant solution now.

Thanks to all who responded.

Charlie
--
   Charlie Garrison    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   PO Box 141, Windsor, NSW 2756, Australia