Good afternoon,

On 27/8/03 at 9:45 AM -0400, Michael <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> Any other suggestions?
>
>I'd think you'd want to have the same authentication process for both, and a
>shared database (or something) to store the session data.  Have the front-end
>do the login part, pass the client to the backend, which discovers that the
>client is already authenticated.

Using tickets for authentication will work with both the front and backend
servers. I was having problems finding a solution which had an apache module
(written in C) plus support/examples for perl to use in the backend. With
thanks to Cees Hek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> I found mod_auth_tkt which does
just what I need.

Charlie
--
   Charlie Garrison    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   PO Box 141, Windsor, NSW 2756, Australia