On Tue, 2003-09-02 at 14:23, kfr wrote:
> Yes, sorry.  I have a site that allows my customers to become members via
> monthly credit card subscription.  The problem is we've been getting
> fraudulent credit card transactions and need some mechanism to detect a user
> who is a repeat offender so I can detect them trying to submit yet another
> bogus CC for access.

Okay, that makes sense.  Unfortunatey, there's no foolproof way that I'm
aware of.  To begin with, you can try using a cookie.  This will stop
anyone who is not very technical.  Beyond that, I have heard that
there's some kind of unique identifier in SSL that you may be able to
use.  I know this because the f5 big/ip load balancers used it.  Check
into that.

- Perrin