Hi there,

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003, William McCabe wrote:

> I've got a lot of experience with mod_perl on both linux and AIX and
> can state categorically that there are no typical conditions which
> would cause AIX run "strangely slowly" compared to linux on
> comparable hardware.

That's useful information, thanks Bill.  We don't see much about AIX
here but it seems to me that it's been becoming more common recently.

Roughly what hardware setups do you generally work with, and what
differences are notable between Linux and AIX when running mod_perl
servers?  (If that's not too long a piece of string to measure:).
Are there situations where you'd prefer one or the other, if so why?

73,
Ged.