> Rafael Garcia-Suarez suggested to:
>
>   - SV *sv = SvROK(ST(i)) && (SvTYPE(SvRV(ST(i))) == SVt_PV);
>   + SV *sv = SvROK(ST(i)) && (SvTYPE(SvRV(ST(i))) >= SVt_PV);
>
> Jonathan, have you verified that it fixes your problem?

Yes. I just tried this change with Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) mod_perl/1.27
mod_ssl/2.8.12 OpenSSL/0.9.6g and it worked like a charm.

> Geoffry Young said:
>
> it just sounds like an awful lot of stuff to me to be adding where we
> weren't before (11 more PV variants, according to the crack-pipe book),
> which drastically increases our exposure to unknown behaviors.

That is true... but I remember the following at some point early on in
the discussion:

> Rafael Garcia-Suarez said:
>
> That's a common idiom in the perl core -- hence my "at first sight".
> A couple of bugs were fixed like this.

I am not able to verify that, but if it is a common thing, perhaps it's
the "right" way to detect a perl scalar reference from the other side?
Not that I understand anything about the other side anyways :)

Cheers,
Jonathan Field