I S wrote:

Hi all,

I have some questions with DBI.

a) I don't understand why the database sometimes gets
dropped.  It happens randomly but frequently.

could not prepare: Database disconnected at
/dssweb/httpd/cgi-bin/feeds/viewReport line 157.

b) I built mod_perl and apache with EVERYTHING=1. Should I expect DBI.pm appear in Apache directory? For some reason, it doesn't get there. Or should I
add DBI module under Apached directory? If so, how. I have my own version of Perl under home directory.

Thanks, Isarin

Hello,

DBI.pm should normaly be in the tree of your perl-installation (where all global modules are stored). Your httpd.conf should contain the following lines in the config of your domain:

        PerlModule Apache2
        PerlModule Apache::DBI

Perhaps it would be easier for us to help you, if you would include the necessary part of your script.

Erik

-----
ArgonSoft GmbH      | Im Ermlisgrund 3      | 76337 Waldbronn
Tel: +49 7243 71520 | Fax: +49 7243 715222  | http://www.argonsoft.de